Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Movies


I watched “Meet Me in St. Louis” on tv last night. It doesn’t matter that I own it on dvd or that I have seen it at least a thousand times. It is my favorite movie and I just had to watch it. Plus, there is something about watching it ‘live’ when lots of other people are watching it, too! I know it sounds crazy but I also know that others feel the same way. I have never really thought of it as a Christmas movie. There is a Christmas scene but all seasons are shown so it is more of an anytime movie for me. I think it will always be my favorite.

Each Christmas I seem to find one movie that just suits my mood for the season. Last year it was “The Bishop’s Wife”. I just love the ice skating! This year it is “Christmas in Connecticut”. Hardly a typical Christmas story but I love seeing the farmhouse. The huge fireplace, the antiques and the layout of the house are just so perfect. I could very easily live on a farm in a house like that!

My other favorite Christmas movies are White Christmas, Holiday Inn, A Christmas Carol (the 1938 version), It’s a Wonderful Life, Holiday, A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. I plan to watch each of them at least once this holiday season!

2 comments:

meliricha said...

Okay, SO I don't know what exactly a BLOG is, but this is good reading. It is hard for me to pick a favorite movie-maybe- "White Christmas" or "Miracle on 34th Street". Ihope to talk to you soon.

brenda said...

"Miracle on 34th Street" has been on one of the old movie channels all week long. Hope you caught it there! Yes, we need some Christmas cheer together!