Monday, May 26, 2014

Yes, it's been a while

Too long to even discuss. But hey, life gets busy. Sometimes SUPER BUSY. Cancer, weddings, travel, grandbaby, etc. So here I am again, giving this blog thing a try. I was going to just scrap this and start again but let's just see if I can get this thing going. So it's Memorial Weekend. I have decided that since we have such an amazing backyard, we should spend a lot of time in it. And that since I journal, I should also do a photo journal of sorts or just take a lot of pictures every weekend, even if we are doing the basic, normal things families do on weekends. After all, this is what our lives are made of. Normal, family things. So yesterday, since we had been sprucing up a bit for a birthday party Saturday night and a graduation/going away party coming soon, and a 21st birthday party after that, that I would take some pictures. So far, so good! Naturally the photos are on the other computer but I still have a couple to share here.
This is our fire circle. I love Adirondack chairs and have them in assorted fun colors. I still want a peach chair, but haven't seen them this year. I will keep looking!
This is me (or at least part of me! haha) enjoying the fire. I stayed out there until almost ten o'clock. I swear, this is the most relaxing thing to do in the world. I love it!
This is me this morning. I don't look all that great, but boy was I enjoying some coffee and journaling, the coolness of the morning, the sun streaming through the leaves, and the birdsong. The best way to start the day! Since it is Memorial Day I will also pay tribute to my dad, who served in WW2
as well as my great great grandfather who died at the battle at Petersburg, Virginia in April of 1865.
This is why we have the holiday. Let us not forget! Still, we can enjoy this time to gather with family and friends, cook out, play Frisbee or corn hole, or whatever we enjoy doing. We spent Saturday doing yard work and Sunday repainting our mailbox, hanging bluebird boxes, and buying a new welcome mat (so exciting, right?!) and flowers for my plant hook in the front yard. We bought a couple of new garden flags, too. It's fun to add a few new things to look at.
So this is how we are spending our weekend. I hope you are enjoying yours! (Next time I blog I am going to tell you about my recent travels to the UK!)

2 comments:

Terri said...

Nice to see your blog back up and going! My SIL mentioned to me about starting my blog up again, as well. Perhaps this will be the inspiration that I need!

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.